Experience Agia Irini gorge and the South coast of Crete on this 2-day, multi-activity sea kayaking and hiking adventure
Whole body experience, immersed in nature. Breath-taking scenery, unforgettable experiences.
Day 1: Sea kayak
Start from Paleochora in the South coast in the morning. We paddle on sit-on-tops along the spectacular coastline, discovering the rocky cliffs, the blue waters, the hidden coves. Past the rocky outcrops and the Crocodile, we take a break on the shores of ancient Lissos, where we explore the sanctuary inland, swim in the crystal clear bay and have a beach snack! After a full day of adventure, we finish in placid Sougia, celebrate the day with a hearty meal at the local taverna and spend the night in this remote seaside village.
Day 2: Gorge Hike
Start from Sougia in the morning. Today is dedicated to Agia Irini gorge. You will have a chance to admire the pine and cypress forests, the impressive geology, the spectacular rocky cliffs. The landscape is made even more dramatic by the outline of the White Mountains above. Take your time, walk at your own pace, follow the clearly marked route, enjoy the gorgeous nature without the crowds. We will be there to pick you up at the end of the walk when you finish, and take you back for the end of this weekend adventure.
29 – 30 May. Start from Paleochora at 9:30am. Pickup possible from Kissamos or Chania
- Sea kayak equipment rental
- Sea kayak guide
- Snorkelling gear
- Transport to Paleochora from Kissamos or Chania
- Taverna evening meal on day 1
- Accommodation in rented room in Sougia
- Transport to gorge entrance on day 2
- Transport back to Kissamos or Chania at the end of day 2
Does not include
- Breakfast on day 2, you can choose from bakery, cafe or mini-market
- Lunches and extra drinks, you can take kayaking and hiking snacks for the daytime breaks
- Guide in the gorge hike on day 2, we will give you information, the path is well marked and there’s only one direction to follow!
The activity is weather dependent. As I write this, the forecast looks perfect for the weekend, very still on Saturday for kayaking and cooler temperatures on Sunday for the hike.