A series of guided sea swims and snorkels around West Crete, aimed at increasing your confidence and comfort in the sea.
Join us for a comprehensive introduction to sea swimming and discover the secret underwater world that you’ve been missing! Suitable for beginners, with expert and patient guides.
Who is it for?
You have lived in Crete for ages but never venture far into the sea. You’ve always wanted to try snorkelling but not sure where to start, confused by what equipment to get (or what you really need). Perhaps you’re not a confident swimmer, you’re worried about swimming alone or concerned what might be lurking under the surface… these excursions are for you!
Some topics we’ll cover:
- Feeling confident in the water.
- Understanding your body’s natural response to water and breathing techniques.
- How to swim more efficiently so you feel less tired.
- How to choose a good water entry point.
- Weather and water conditions to be aware of.
- Fascinating creatures you might see underwater, plus how to recognise those to avoid.
- How to choose a snorkel mask that fits you.
- How to adjust and prepare your mask to avoid common issues like leaking or fogging.
Experience the contact with a natural element and see the benefits on your physical and mental health.
Learn about which spots are good for snorkelling and swimming around Kissamos and West Crete. Find out why the Greek waters are so enticing to swimmers – marvel at the clearness of the water and the dazzling array of blues you can see.
Try out a selection of snorkelling and swimming equipment (various masks, snorkels, tow floats, silicone swim hats, flippers, rash vests, neoprene vests and shorty wetsuits). Plus advice on places to buy equipment and what to look for.
€10 / person / session -> €40 / 5 sessions.
When: June – July – August
Sessions dates/times are to be confirmed, based on participants availability – contact us!
No need to commit to multiple swims, although for unconfident swimmers we anticipate you might need more than one session. Sessions are weather dependent. Numbers strictly limited, booking essential.
For more information contact Manu:
firstname.lastname@example.org – 00306944413919